9 wins in a row! Beat up on slumping Cubs. ~ Baseball in San Diego

Monday, May 25, 2009

9 wins in a row! Beat up on slumping Cubs.

Could there be anything more enjoyable then putting a whooping on the Cubs and all of the Cub fans that showed up at PETCO over the weekend? I think not. You know Cub fan showed up hoping to get a couple of wins off the Padres and go home to the "arm pit" known as Wrigley Field feeling pretty good about themselves.

I can't tell you how good I feel this Monday morning! Other than the Dodgers, there is no team I take such pleasure in beating than the Cubs. As previous posts state, their fans think they are so special. Maybe because the have not one a series title since the Jurassic period or because their cute little field is so celebrated, I don't get it. Either way they all left San Diego or if they live here left PETCO with a sinking feeling in their stomachs.

How about Reed Johnson cutting the score in half yesterday? Did you see Cub fan get all excited? I think they thought they were going to win the game. Only for Kouz(you all know I am not a big fan of his) to come up and send one in the left field seats. It was awesome!

I forgot to mention that I watched the game yesterday on WGN. Brenley and whoever the play by play guy is would not give the Padres an ounce of credit. Chris Young held the Cubs hitless through 4 innings and all Brenley could say was that Young had a mediocre fastball. Ever since Brenley cried about Ben Davis bunting to break up Curt Shillings perfect game back in the day, I have not been able to listen to this guy.

One more thing, I was in Palm Desert over the weekend with my family and we decided to go to a water park yesterday. Who was right in front of me on the slide? Tino Martinez. That guy looks like he can still pick up a bat and swing it. All I wanted to do was ask him, how did he lay off a 2-2 pitch with 2 outs and bases loaded from Mark Langston in the '98 World Series that was clearly a strike, but called ball. All Padres fans know what happened next, Tino took a 3-2 pitch and drove it over the right field wall at Yankee Stadium and that essentially was the end of the Series. Oh yeah that was only game one. Anyway, he was with his family and seemed like a great guy so I resisted.

What a great Monday! How about you Cub fan? Happy Memorial Day to all of our war heros and God Bless America.

Peace!

What a great Monday! Happy Memorial to all of our war heros and God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment