2-1 Padres Win! ~ Baseball in San Diego

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2-1 Padres Win!

Well, did I tell you it would be a low scoring game? CY rebounded well and the Padres offense were able to get 2 homers off of Barry Zito to win the game 2-1. I wanted CY to at least go 7 strong, but I will take 6 innings and win any day. Zito continues to pitch well and partly justify his gazillion dollar contract, by going 8 innings. Poor guy gets no run support. I feel no sympathy for him because Peavy may have 25 more wins under his belt if he ever had run support.

The SD Bombers of Hairston and Hunley do all the damage against Zito that was needed. I am going to be more critical of the offense tonight if they cant find a way to score at least 5 runs. The no name pitcher going tonight for the Giants has an ERA of at least 5. These are the type of nights that the Padres make a 5 plus ERA pitcher look like Cy Young.

In other games: Knuckeballer Tim Wakefield went 8 innings of cheese throwing to stop the Jays and the fricking Dodgers won again!

Explain to me why the Dodgers have all this great young talent and the Padres have squat?

Come on!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. All I gotta say is "GO CUBS!" Spank 'em like you did a week ago!

    ReplyDelete